Minimum technical requirements
To take advantage of all the features offered by SaltOS, the system hosting the software must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Web server: Apache, Cherokke or Nginx.
- Server language: PHP 5.2 or higher.
- Support for GD2 from PHP: Explain what it is used for
- Support for processed XSLT: Explain what it is used for
- Support for Multy-byte: Explain what it is used for
- Data server:
- Support for MariaDB (The new MySQL really free) with 3 drivers through: PDO class, mysqli_ * functions and old mysql_ * functions
- Support for SQLite3 With 2 drivers through: Class and Class PDO SQLite3)
- Support for MySql With 3 drivers using: Class PDO, the mysqli_ functions * and the former mysql_ functions *)
In addition there are additional features such as the Viewer-PDF, Voice Message Reading or the translator, these features require the use of executables available in other packages, then we relate them:
- unoconv: to convert documents from multiple formats to PDF using OpenOffice 3.0 or higher for the display of PDF's online.
- pdftotext: to convert PDF documents into plain text to be indexed in the database
- text2wave: to convert plain text into audio for voice notification system
- lame: to convert wav to mp3 to reduce the bandwidth used
- apertium: to perform translations between pairs of languages
- aspell: for text corrections
- which: to locate binaries to run